The fires that everyone heard about actually burned about 1/3 of the park-none of the animals or their habitats were burned- just the sagebrushy dry desert "natural" surrounding acreage were burned. As a result, there was hardly anyone at the park -it had just reopened (not to mention that it was a scorching November day). We saw an elephant show and went on the safari ride. It was cool so see the animals so close and so wild. Ariana won't remember that she's seen elephants before- the animals were all like moving scenary to her- but at least we got some cool pictures and memories!
It's been great to be here in California to enjoy everything it has to offer, and I'm glad that we've been able to do just about everything here before we move away to Minnesota for a totally new adventure!
Look in the background and you'll see a gorilla!
Daddy looking silly.
A giraffe and Ariana is more interested in the cap to her bottle!
Beautiful aren't they? Babies are cute in any species!
3 comments:
It's funny to see you say "scorching November day." It's cold and rainy up here.
yeah, scorching november day would be like 60 degrees here. What a transition weatherwise minnesota will be for you!!
Even though Ariana won't remember the animals, she will love looking back at the pictures in a couple years, finding all the animals.
I'm nervous about Minnesota too! I check the weather on weather.com to see how California compares with Minneapolis for the day- today it feels like 1 degree F. Meanwhile in California, I thought that it was a little chilly so I decided to wear nylons to church and that's about it! We're going to die in Minneapolis!
Post a Comment