Thursday, February 07, 2008

Ariana is turning one!


Ariana turns one years old next week and I'm pretty excited. We've been practicing walking for about a month now so she can show it off at her birthday party. She hasn't quite got "Mama" down- it's some new constantant that she's invented- something between a "B" and an "M" sound- "Bma Bma." She's rocking "Dada" and "Baba" (Dad in Chinese) though.


It's fun to see her little personality really start to come out. She laughs, flirts, shows off, acts tough sometimes, cries her little heart out sometimes, and gives big hugs and sloppy kisses. She's a little wiggle worm and somehow always winds up in some weird position when I'm trying to change her diaper.


She is still so small- probably only 17 lbs now but she really does eat constantly- she still nurses about 7 times daily, takes at least one bottle, 3 big messy meals, and a lot of cherrios in between. Most people tell me that she's so small that it's weird to see her walking.
We're excited for Ariana turning one. She is growing up and although she is still a baby, she looks like a little girl to me. It's funny, because in some ways it feels like she's been with us forever, in other ways, it feels like we just left the hospital. This much I can tell you, even though our sleep and our schedule has been a little wild this year, this has been a great year for all of us. We're so glad that you're part of our family Ariana!

3 comments:

Brooklet said...

Wow, this year did go fast. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I got the email telling us you were expecting! She is a stinkin cutey!

She is only 17 pounds??!!?? Morgan weighs that much and she isn't even 6 months yet- but she is tall and a chunk! You need to post video of Ariana walking. I love to see little kids toddle around, unsure of their feet yet!

Carrie said...

I love the pigtails! I don't know if I've said this a whole bunch of times, or if I've just thought it a whole bunch of times, but I think Ariana looks so much like your mom. (For the record, now that I know I've said it, I'll stop.)

I'd love to see videos of her walking, too. What are you guys doing for her birthday?

Hey, Brian and I are trying to get to Disneyland in May with the rest of my family, so we might be able to see you before you move.

Anonymous said...

I just sent you a birthday card for Ariana and it was just what you said--that you can't hardley remember when you didn't have her. Itn't motherhood great when you see how she grows.
love you Mom