Sunday, March 23, 2008

At home with the folks

Hey so I'm back home with the folks. Mark and Emily were here this weekend too and we had an Easter Family get-together complete with Easter egg hunt. It was fun. I'll post some of the pics of Ariana at the hunt when I get home.

It was cool catching up with people and seeing what they are doing in life. I guess that I'm starting to feel a little old because I'm having trouble figuring out who some of my younger cousins are- I was confused because they grew up and I can't remember who is who. It's been a while since I was back home so I guess that I should give myself a break.

It's funny when you're back home. It's some sort of weird mental state that only happens when you're here. All the sudden I feel so lazy. At home I have to cook meals and do all the clean up. Every night I have to do dishes and clean up (I do most of this in the evening when Ariana sleeps- she doesn't nap so well so I can't do it at nap time.) Since I've been here, I really haven't helped out much, cooked, did dishes, or done much of anything productive in that way. I think before the trip is over, I might actually start pulling my weight but I feel like my brain just shuts off and relaxes. It's a great feeling. On Tuesday I'm going with my mom to a day spa for a massage and I think that will culminate this whole relaxing experience.

For now, it's movie and then sleep. Life is good.

1 comment:

Brooklet said...

I get that way sometimes when I go home- where I feel like I am on some sort of break! I think its just from the feeling of comfort of once again being at home. Who knows, maybe I am just lazy. Have fun in p-town.