Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pittsburgh Thank you

I wanted to up this post to finally thank my friend Brooke for all of her awesome hospitality recently when we went to Pittsburgh. Reuben went to a conference and Brooke drove over to our hotel two days in a row to drive me around, hang out with me, take me to church, and also fed us lunch and let us hang out at her house all day Sunday. We had a great time! She had a busy weekend arranging a Batmitten tournament with barbeque, her primary program (her being the Primary President), and her husband leaving that Sunday for a week long fishing trip. We feel really grateful that even with that was going on, she also took time out to drive us around and entertain us while we were in town.

Thanks Brooke!








She also recommended an awesome breakfast place near our hotel. It was one of the best breakfasts we have ever had! I got incredible strawberry crepes, Reuben got strawberry french toast, and Ariana got scrambled eggs (which she has asked for every morning since.) The food was great but the best part was that all of that came out about 3 minutes after we ordered! We barely had time to even start a conversation and Ariana didn't even have time to get out of her high chair and act crazy by the time we were eating!



t

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Brooke! I've only seen Brooke via blog for the last few years. I'm glad you guys had so much fun, and those crepes look delicious!

Brooklet said...

I am glad you guys got to come and hang out a while. It was real fun to see you again and meet Ariana. And. . I am so glad you guys went to Pamela's- we love it, too!