Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quotes from the family

I don't often do quotes in our family because some of the humor is lost in translation (our kids quote in Chinese.) But I'll try it out this time and see what you think.

Our Ariana is getting very confident in herself- still shy- but very "grown up" now.  With this, she's starting to get pretty funny. 

1) Recently with some weather change, we started getting attacked by cute ladybugs.  Ariana saw one inside by her window and called it an ant and wanted to do our normal routine of squishing it and putting it in the toilet.  But as I have some affinity to ladybugs, I explained them to her that "she" (of course it's a girl right?) lives outside and need to put her outside to her home.  Ariana came back and told me that she doens't live outside, she lives in the toilet!

2) Ariana is starting to realize that she has many names.  With her Chinese names and English names, nicknames, and titles, we commonly call her at least 5 different names.  She's started to get used to it and now can even pronounce her own name!  However, with all these names, she's started to not like her Chinese name and insists on us calling her, of all things, "Big Princess." (Da Gongzhu)

the other two quotes that I wrote just got lost.  I'm frustrated and going to bed!

No comments: