So, I've been delaying my updates because I haven't downloaded the pictures off the camera. I'm sure that in the near future I'll have a couple of picture posts to document the many new experiences in our lives. But for now, I have a lot of thoughts.
This summer has been a whirlwind. We bought our house, owned two houses for a little while and then finally closed on our Minnesota house today! Hurray! Just in time to avoid the winter. I was really nervous about having a house in Minnesota because the weather is so bad. Also, we no longer have to pay two sets of electricity bills, water bills, home insurance bills, etc. It's a relief. We didn't go to the closing. I thought about it, but I would rather go visit friends when we aren't so busy starting a new job, a new school, and getting used to the time zone again. Maybe we'll see you in a few months Minnesota friends (or maybe the spring???)
In other news, we are finally not using folding tables and chair to eat off of! We ordered our new furniture the week that we moved in the house and we finally some of it last weekend! It is so nice going to kitchen and thinking about all the wonderful places to sit. Should I sit on the bar stool or at the table? Or should I choose the one and only lazyboy in our great room? Now the lazyboy looks lost. Still waiting for our couch and bedroom set. But on the good side, Corban has well adjusted to sleeping on his crib mattress on the floor of Ariana's room. I, however, have not. The other day, I, a pregnant lady, slept a full two hours next to him while trying to get him to sleep past 5am. The uncomfortableness paid off, and he slept in until 8:30, making us late for preschool. Well, at any rate, he is back to him normal schedule and they seem to be making up for the weeks of not sleeping while on vacation. (We got as much sleep as the kids. Why is it that kids need less sleep and adults need more on vacation? Kids lose weight while adults still continue to gain weight on vacation?)
Taiwan and China was a great vacation but I feel like either this second trimester isn't what it's hyped up to be (aren't i supposed to have great bursts of energy compared to the first trimester???) or I am still recovering a week and a half later. I keep on falling asleep putting the kids to bed at 8-9pm and staying asleep until the morning. My husband is probably getting bored and anxious to watch Vampire Diaries and the Netflix rentals that are deemed "together time." Well, we have a date tonight- my first time to the melting pot- and maybe all that extra adrenaline away from the kids will finally propel me to staying up past 10- or maybe the extra cheese and chocolate will put in an extra deep sleep tonight, how knows?
In other news, I am 18 weeks along and at my last ultrasound, there was some spotting of some possible boy parts, but we'll know for sure in less than one week at our official ultrasound. Maybe we should have waited an extra week before painting that extra bedroom. (Just finished yesterday. . . ) Don't worry, the baby has a bright yellow baby/guest room all ready. I don't even need to change the paint from the previous owners.
Babies. . .they are cute and loveable and cry a lot but they have no choice but to get buckled in their seat belts when i want them to, to let me do their hair when i want them to and to get dressed and their diapers changed when I want them to. As you can see, I'm excited to be the boss again. Yeah right, everyone knows that the screaming infant is the one in control of the family. Anyhow, it's nice to think about it as a way to get me excited for even more chaos in the family. I'm thinking that 3 might be the limit in this family. I guess that I used to think that when the kids go to school, things will be easier, but all I can see from families that have older children is that things only get more complicated because then you have to drive them even more places and start doing hours of homework each night. And the older Ariana gets, the more arguing we have every day. Why does getting her dressed always involve an argument or a compromise?
I guess that it's funny that when we were on vacation in some fabulous exotic places in Asia, I kept seeing pictures of everyone's kid's first day of school on facebook or blogs and I got a bit jealous. It's funny, but I was really craving some time away from the kids. We didn't even have a nap time break most days because of our vacation schedule. But the time has finally come this week. I've been so excited to share my kid's first day of school too and join the crowd! But pictures will have to come later.
My kids are in bed for their nap, their glorious potentially three hour nap, and it's time for me to join them. I am a very weak pregnant lady and just can't resist. (Plus, I have to energize to stay up to watched some quality tv with the hunny instead of falling asleep early) So all those pictures (China, Taiwan, new house, new furniture, Family reunion, first day of school, etc) will have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment