Saturday, May 03, 2008

Journal Entry

I'm starting to write in my journal more often after inspiration from my husband. here is my journal entry from today.

Today was great. I woke up at went on a short bike ride. It was fun getting on my bike again. I didn’t go that fast because I just wanted to get out there and warm up my legs but not wear them out for the run later on. When I got home, the sound of the door woke up baby. I was alright with it- she slept in until 6:30 which is pretty good. We played and took it easy reading books and growling at each other (her favorite thing) until after her breakfast. Then I knew we had to get ready for the run. I like running, but it’s always hard to get out there and do it. I have a good jogging stroller but jogging with a baby is for some reason especially dreadful- and especially slow. I don’t know if it’s just a mental thing or what. My stroller basically pushes itself, except for up hills- it must just be the length of my stride. I don’t know. Anyhow, we ran for about an hour and a half. She fell asleep at the end and it was alright. We were going to birthday party during her naptime so I wanted her to be awake for awhile.

I was going to go to the mall after I showered but I just got a little too Saturday morning lazy and decided to get a few things done at home. That was a mistake. The more time I spend at home cleaning while Ariana’s up, it seems like the farther behind I get sometimes. Today she found my foundation and spread it all over the carpet and herself (how’s this for lucky- I had just scheduled the carpet cleaners to come this coming week) and then she found the cinnamon and with her super duper lid twisting skills, she also spread that all over the carpet too. I hate carpet. I’m so exited for our new hardwood floors in our new house.

We got ready to go swimming at the pool party for Alexander Anselmo who lives in building 30. We went to the pool outside and played in the toddler pool for a big until we figured out that it was at the other pool. While we were there Ariana got in the pool water and loved it, I saw Corrine and I saw Holly, who had made the same mistake. We went over to the other pool and saw that Ariana is a natural in the water. We’ll spend a lot more time at the pool until we move. She had a blast. There were a lot of fun people from our ward at the party, but we only stayed for a little bit because Ariana got tired, cold, and hungry. We came home and I nursed her and then she slept for about 2 hours.

When she got up she was hungry, even though I had fed her a good prenap lunch. The post nap lunch was even bigger. She must just love my chicken noodle soup (minus the actual soup part so it’s not quite so messy.) Either that or it just isn’t filling enough.

After a lot of eating and cleaning up (the ants are back!) we finally made it to the mall. I finally got my watched fixed and then we spent way too much at Gymboree. They had such great sales and I got some cute stuff for Ariana to use in Minnesota. Then we came home to babysit. Cassie actually was too tired for the date that she had planned so I just got Ariana ready for bed and she fell asleep about 7:30.

Now I have a lot of time to do whatever I want. Unfortunatly, it seems like every night is a little something like this, except tonight I didn’t cook so I don’t have to do as much cleaning. Reuben’s been gone almost every night for the last couple weeks. I’m getting a little tired of this. Mostly, I’m getting lonely and wishing that Reuben could have gone to the pool party with me like all the other families there and wishing that he could come to church with me more than once a month. I’m alright with being a doctor’s wife, I actually think that I don’t mind being alone as much as other people. I’ve even gone to Disneyland alone (with Ariana) and really enjoyed it. I don’t mind having a lot of “me” time- even though most of that “me” time is spent doing the dishes and folding laundry, but it would be cool to have a well rested husband around again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have so much energy!! What a great mom you are!