I keep talking about Ariana so much because she takes up and demands my time but Corban is just an absolute cutie that deserves his own post.
Corban is getting to be a well built little boy who will probably surpass Ariana in weight in a not so distant future. He is not super pudgy but has a fair share of fat rolls and rubber band wrists. His cute little thighs! At first, we thought that Corban was an exact look alike of Ariana but had a different personality. As time goes by, he looks less and less like his sister but acts more and more like her. He wasn't so picky at first taking pacifiers, bottles, and letting anyone hold him but I can see that he is quickly falling in love with Mommy- which isn't that bad until Mommy wants a date or girls night out. (like last night when I was enjoying The Time Traveler's wife in the theater, Reuben was at home trying to get him to stop crying for the whole two hours.)
He's getting picky about being in the car seat and at four months has already figured out to get out of sitting in his swing and can wiggle out of the car seat. He, like Ariana, is figuring out that he really just wants to be with the action, with Mommy holding him. I like holding him, sure, but most of the time I'm trying to get things done at the same time.
Corban has a beautiful smile and makes cute razzing noises. When I make faces at him he gets a big smile and does a silent laugh. He smiles almost everytime that I look at him. When he's hungry, has a poopy, or just is bored he does the cutest frown ever. I love that lower lip! He knows how to be cute!
(Side note- I think Ariana figured out that I love Corban's lower lip thing and started trying to do it- she got it right a few times and then went a little too far by just showing her lower lip like a weird monkey face. She was upset and used her new sad face but I just started laughing histerically. She felt her lower lip and then got a bit embarrassed and went into her private corner to sulk. )
Corban is currently my favorite child. I know that I shouldn't say that but I would rather put him to bed than Ariana and especially if I want to get something done, it's better to have him around. Of course, to be fair to Ariana, he's really not as fun to take to the park or the children's museum- I wouldn't even bother at his age, but he sure cries less each day than she does.
So far Corban seems like a pretty simple guy. He's very clear about what it wrong with him and what he needs. I can only recall a few times when he was crying without me knowing what he needed. Of course, I guessed that he had gas and later on did figure it out it was just that.
Almost everyone who sees Corban is automatically reminded of Reuben. They have similar features. Corban has a big forehead, darker skin, bigger build, and some more of the Chinese features that Reuben also has. We'll see if he wants to be just like his daddy someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment