Wednesday, February 24, 2010

four years ago

We've been watching the olympics every day since it started and are really getting into it- the competition, the drama, the controversies, and of course the ice skating.  While watching the ice skating and not recognizing any of the new Americans I got to thinking, what happened to all those American skaters last winter Olympics?  Reuben mentioned the one girl who was new to the olympics I think but had some amazing technique, the jumping girl.  Although we watched the olympics then too, it's all so vague.  I know my memory was going, but I couldn't even remember what I was doing in February 4 years ago- where was I?  I guess that I didn't have a baby yet since Ariana just turned 3, but it took some figuring out for me.  So I looked at my pictures from 4 years ago to figure it out.  Here is what I was doing:
We were eating Huo guo (hot pot) with these people- our good friends Peiting Li and Hung Wei Liu, and Andrew and Anne (Crystal) Sledd.  Now they live in Taiwan and Virginia respectively. 




I was eating this food- looks like we were at Taiko's off Jeffrey near IVC in Irvine.


I was getting my advanced Scuba diving certification.  Here is my scuba backpack and some gear.

We went out to Sushi with our good friends Melissa and Daron., now living in NYC.


Then we had a bon fire at the beach with my mission friends Ruth and Jamie. 


Although I can't believe that it's already been four years, it also doesn't seem like that long ago.  However, my life is a bit different.  For one thing, we went out to dinner at least twice in February four years ago, went to the beach, and went scuba diving.  Though our life is still exciting, it's fun to see how it was exciting in different ways. 

Now if I can just remember the American ice skating stars from four years ago, now that would be cool. 

2 comments:

Brooklet said...

This is fun. I don't remember the olympics four years ago either. I should go and look at my pictures to see what I was up to, also. It is amazing how long four years ago can seem, yet how fast it flew by.

Springers said...

I blame it on mommy brain. I can't remember life before kids!!