1)Why does it always take me a whole hour to put the kids to bed? And why do I have to argue with Ariana every step of the way? (brushing teeth, flossing, getting dressed, putting on her pull-up, what books to read, what songs to sing, getting her to sleep on the bed and not the floor - [didn't work tonight] then she slips out of her room for bandaids and more bathroom runs. It's so not like the feel good movies make it.
2) went to my circus class tonight. Did a front flip and climb and swung on a rope. Walked a tight room holding a fan for balance and my Chinese circus teacher Xu discussed proper cartwheel technique in Chinese. I didn't even know how to say cartwheel in Chinese until tonight. then we did about 300 situps or crunches. Feel pretty humbled, especially when the 40 year old people in my class were landing the flips. . .
3) Corban was grumpy. Maybe teething. Even while grumpy, he's cute and easier than Ariana most of the time.
4) Met Reuben at work for lunch for the second time this week. this time I brought Bun-mi vietmanese sandwiches. Mmmmm. . . except not a big fan of lemongrass chicken. This was the first and last time for that.
5) M&M's on ice cream are not actually very appealing. It's a similar effect as putting jello next to hot mashed potatoes.
6) We're going to a Russell Peter's show! Happy Birthday to Reuben!
7) I've been out of my Chinese class just a couple of weeks and I can already tell that my Chinese is failing a bit. I'm reading the book of Mormon in Chinese, talking to Ariana, and practicing in other grammer books. It's just not the same as someone speaking to me. Maybe I'll get a tutor again.
8) The kids destroy things in the house about 3 times (or more) as fast as I can prepare or fix them. It took me 1.5 years to get Ariana's curtains up and about 2 weeks for her to decide to hang on them and break the curtain rod and make a whole in the wall. Ariana still writes on the walls or puts stickers everywhere and breaks her cabinent door. Really, I feel like I could spend all day every day just trying to negate whatever mess and damage the kids do.
9) Circus class is fun! I wish that I would have continued with gymnastics when I was in middle school so i might actually be better at it!
10) still trying to figure out what I need to do for Reuben's birthday.
11) facebook post: yesterday was a big day for our little 13 month old (and therefore me too!). He learned how to climb up to the dining room chairs, and stand and rock on them and he learned how to open all the doors in our house. Urghh. . .
12) Vampire diaries is so good!
13) Paul Wesley from Vampire Diaries was in season 2, prodigal son episode of Smallville. He's the bad boy, not the innocent and good vampire like his current series
14) Why did you have to end like this Lost? I watched every single episode! I guess that I'll pretend that it had more of a real ending. . .
15) Put this on my list of accomplishments- I've watched every episode of the following series (some shows completed and some still being produced):
- Smallville (well, I'm a bit behind)
-Scrubs
-Lost
-Arrested Development
-Heroes
16) I think that I have tight hamstrings. When I try to touch my toes I don't get much farther than my knees!
17) My new laptop is so fast and I love the feel and sound of me typing.
18) We had Corban's picture on the wall completely sideways (90 degrees off) since we put it up just before Christmas. This picture was in our dining room since that time completely wrong. (It takes two to put it up right because it's a large picture that needs to be hooked in two places.) As of yesterday, it is finally put up right (I had some help) and my husband hasn't even said anything yet.
19) I finally have a gate for our front porch so I can let the kids play there without me feeling like they'll run away or fall down the stair. Hooray!
20) I do like Saint Paul. I think that I could live her forever if we had family a little closer by.
21) Our resident friends have a close family member (Dad, Mom, Mom and Dad) visit for a several days just about every month. Most of their family members live in South Dakota or Arizona. Our familiy members visited for a short weekend when I had a baby. (Well, my mom stayed and helped for two weeks and my Dad stayed for about a week.) I think that it would take having another baby to get them to visit again (I don't know if that's a reason worthy of getting pregnant again.). I think that they're just going to wait this year out.
22) Spent the last 4 years pregnant and/or breastfeeding. 18 months pregnant, 33 months breastfeeding. I think that I might be done nursing soon and take a break.
23) I love naps! I am so not an afternoon person.. .
24) I love the zoo! It was so fun going to the zoo on Saturday.
25) I need a new stroller. Our sit and stand has really gone through a lot. It's broken in about 4 significant places. i guess that's what putting in on and off a plane many times in one year does.
26) I bought Ariana some chocolate Soy milk at Costco. She loves soy milk and she loves chocolate but she does not like the chocolate soy milk. Now I have a lot of soy milk to drink myself. . .
27) we've been doing P90X for about 1 year now. Solid. I can do several pull ups now and can do many pushups and also the entire abs program. But it's all still so hard!
28) Corban is finally sleeping through the night. I feel so much better- the other night I woke up at 5:30 refreshed!
29) Everyone I know is pregnant, just had a baby, or thinking about another. I'm not sure how this affects my desire for #3.
-
2 comments:
I love posts like this, it just gives a little slice of Katie's life, and it's fun to hear about it.
Circus class sounds fun! I love that you do things like that.
Kids fight bed time all of the time. It's not fair, but it's just a part of life. The only thing that I've found that's remotely helpful is that after we tuck the kid in bed, I say "If anyone hollers my name or gets out of bed, I'm shutting the door." Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.
I have never heard of someone taking circus classes. I think it sounds really fun though (and pretty intense- 300 situps!!).
Post a Comment