I can't believe that it's been since Easter that I've posted.
Really I feel like I've posted at least a dozen times since then.
I've started running again now that the weather is beautiful and we're waking up at 5:30 to exercise. Running isn't always fun, but it's a great way for a busy person such as a mom to think about life and not just snot, poop, cleaning, and errands.
After every run I feel like I have another post to write. It's always very introspective, wise, and philosophical. But I get home from my run and everything at home is calling to me. I better shower before Corban gets up, better write that email before I get too distracted, attend to that clean-up project, and get something out for dinner.
It's funny that all throughout school I always thought that English and writing were my worst subjects. Really, they were. I always thought that I was better in math and science. Now I use those subjects the least of all. I used to defend math when people said that they wouldn't use it in daily life but now I that they were right. Once in a while I practice my multiplication tables in my head just to help with brain power, memory, and so I don't feel bad about all that work I put into them in gradeschool.
So writing has become a new thing for me. I haven't written much for my blog this month, but I wrote two papers in Chinese and another 40 page paper for my research class. My Chinese paper touched my teacher, a bit emotional about my daughter, but when I got it back it was still covered in red marks. My long paper is due this week and needs a lot of revising still. So even though this will be my only post this week, I'll still be doing a lot of writing for that paper. I'll also probably write a new post just in my head when I got running tomorrow.
1 comment:
My most reflective time is in the shower. I don't know why, but it seems to be my creative spark place.
Post a Comment