Every night after pajamas, potty, teeth brushing, story, and prayer, I ask my daughter two questions. I’m sure that I could converse about something more thoughtful but this seems to work for now. I ask her what her favorite thing about the day was and her least favorite thing about the day. When she’s in a good mood and things have gone well she seeks to impress me by naming 5 or 6 things that were good about the day and then replies that there was nothing bad about it. That is pretty fun. But sometimes it is the reverse. Corban has gotten into the game too (he sleeps with Ariana in the double bed since he at one time, he slept better that way. (Now there is a lot of kicking and shifting in the bed that he wakes me up at night to tell me about. I can’t say that I really blame him for seeking help when his older sister is completely sideways with her feet across his pillow.) Anyhow, Corban’s answers are usually interesting. Today for both questions he answered “batman.”
Anyhow, sometimes I think about how I would answer those questions. Here are some of those answers.
My favorite part of the day is at night when I’ve already done all my nighttime routine. Now if I start falling asleep at my laptop I can just lay down and wake up in the morning.
My least favorite part of the day is when I am falling asleep at my laptop at night and I still have to go brush my teeth. Arghh! And somehow when only 5 minutes prior I was all ready to go to sleep early , somehow brushing my teeth has given me super energy and I end up staying awake past 1am. (Not a pretty sight to see a tired pregnant women get woken up by her kids at 6 something the next morning)
My favorite thing that I bought this week was the compression thigh high stockings that I got to help my poor pregnancy legs.
My least favorite thing was putting on those compression stockings and also taking them off. Add a full 360 seconds to my routines and also about put me into labor.
My favorite thing was seeing Ariana write her Chinese name and remember it when she was writing her name for a letter to Santa. It’s pretty awesome seeing a 4 year old remember how to write complicated Chinese characters!!!
My least favorite thing was disappointing the kids when I expected to see Santa arrive at the church Christmas party and apparently he was never invited. Guess we got to send her letter to the North Pole or find Santa at the mall.
My favorite thing was finally getting all the Christmas decorations up. I did it in stages and it looks pretty good. But it still takes forever, and taking an extra trip to Costco to get one more strand of garland makes all the difference for my balcony.
My least favorite thing is when that guy in the Mercedes waits for my parking spot before I have even fully arrived at my car. So it’s me, a pregnant lady, who has to unpile all the stuff that I got at costco (of course in addition to the primary purpose in shopping there), buckle up my toddler, and return the cart. Again, the stress of it all almost puts me into labor. Really though, doesn’t he know better? I know that there are never any parking spots at Costco but really, can’t you find someone who’s not pregnant and panting to wait for?
My favorite thing- kids saying impromptu “I love yous”
Least favorite thing-the toddler tackling down the preschooler on the way to school. Maybe he’s a future football star?
Favorite thing- the 2 year old can put on his own clothes
Least favorite thing- the 2 year old wants to have a say about what he wears. What!? I thought that I might get out of this having a boy, or at least get to wait until he was 3! So yes, he wears star wars T-shirts to both Reuben’s 15 year high school reunion and also to church the next day. Thank goodness for sweaters!
Favorite thing- husband coming home
Least favorite thing- husband coming home just to make business calls until 10 at night when I am too tired to do anything.
Favorite thing- sleep. Good night everyone!
2 comments:
I loved this post Katie! Thanks for writing it
Hahaha, I love this post!!! I feel exhausted but happy after reading it! I suppose that's how us moms feel at the end (or sometimes the beginning:) of most days!!
Post a Comment