Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Giving up the Saturdays

We are definently more established in our new home.  Over the past month I have felt like I really needed to finish up this project, get our house to a nice comfortable homelike state, and get ready for the holidays and the craziness of a third child.  I guess that I'm doing some nesting.  Anyhow, it's been taking quite awhile since our house is twice as big as our old townhouse while not maintaining the same type colors and themes as the old place either.  Hence, I have a lot of black photo frames, modern style rugs, and too small of wall hangings to fit this new place.  I guess that this place could be described as spanish or mediterranian and a bit rustic.  There is absolutely no carpet in the whole house.  None unless you count a measley shoe closet next to the garage.  That means that we need rugs.  Now, I understand not wanting carpet- it's not as classy plus it harbors dust and small insects.  But at some point a person is tired of cold hard floors.  So lately, it seems like every week, I go out and find another rug for another room.  So far I've bought and installed 4.  Two are in the mail to be delivered at some point, and then we really only have one left!  But a bigger issue is curtains.  Why am I so intimidated to get curtains?  My goal is to get them and put them up before thanksgiving!  I still have 6 large windows to cover.  That's about 20 panels that I need to buy!!!  The thing is, why do all the insulated curtains look to plain and boring?  And why are curtains almost always of just two varieties- plain and boring or extra fancy gaudy??

Anyhow, as our life is finally coming together in this new place, the kids have finally starting calming down.  NEWS ALERT!  This last Sunday, for the first time ever in Redondo Beach, our kids did not need to be taken out during Sacrament meeting.  Over the past few months the average has been 3 times in less than an hour. (I say less than an hour because we are usually late!)  This last Sunday, Corban happily walked into nursery without any cunning, bribery, or being held down!!  I think that this good behavior is good evidence that the kids are finally adjusted to our new home and have decided to no longer wreck havoc!  (Though this week of begging for their halloween candy has not been so fun either.)

All of this is to show you that I think that I am finally ready to let Ariana take a ballet class.  I'm now willing to make that committment.  And that means that gymnastics will move to Saturday.  And that means that we are one step closer to joining the forces of those many moms and dads out there that can no longer do anything social with us on Saturdays because they are completely booked driving their kids around from one scheduled lesson or game to another.  Yes, it is happening.  And we only have one child taking any sort of lessons!!!

No comments: