Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ariana loves her mommy

So my baby really loves me. I think that I should be happy. Like a cliche', she seems to love me more each day. This is a good thing, except it seems like she loves me to the exclusion of everyone else, including daddy.

Ariana is now 7 months old today after giving her a bottle that she blatantly refused since she was 2 weeks old, she is finally takes a bottle willingly. She loves her bottle, it's like a cool milky toy. I hadn't really understood though, that she really only like the bottle if her mommy, aka "me," gives it to her. Daddy won't do. Anyone else won't do. Just mommy. (Which seems funny because I had always read that babies will take bottles more willingly from someone other than the lactating woman.) Until last night, I thought that her being able to take a bottle meant that she would also be able to go to a babysitter for a longer period of time, perhaps even a movie.

So we went to a movie on a Saturday night (last night) and I thought that maybe she might cry for me, but at least she wouldn't starve. But it seems like Ariana is a little to smart and a little too stuborn. The babysitter said that it seemed like she was holding out for Mommy, knowing that if she just waited a little bit longer, she could get the bottle from mommy. After offering the bottle about 30 times, Ariana got only about an ounce down her throat. When I called I heard the familiar scream in the background which made the short ride home seem like forever.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that she will take a bottle. It's cool. I don't have to get undressed if I don't want to. But she has deceived me! Why doesn't she like anybody else? What's so special about me? This bonding stuff sure is overrated.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So you're her favorite chef and waitress...Does she give tips?

Brooklet said...

She is just used to you being the one to feed her! She likes to see your face, smell your smell, when she eats! Give it time. . . one day you will be able to go on a date again.