Hey everyone, I just wanted to catch everyone up on the happenings lately. Reuben started his internship at UCI and sometimes it’s not as bad as he thought it would be and sometimes it’s worse. Tonight he’s on call, which doesn’t mean that he’s home responding to his pager like some people think, rather it means that he’s at the hospital for longer admitting people. He had a funny feeling this morning like it would be a pretty long day, so he might get home around 1 am or so L I made him and his team some homemade kettle korn and some tollhouse cookies (fresh baked from the package this morning before work!) Right now he’s working at the VA, which is also the reason he’s not much for socialized health care- sometimes he feels like he’s at the DMV or the post office- too slow and inefficient. He’s doing his best and tries to get everyone moving and out as fast as he can.
The end of October he has his first vacation and we’re taking a trip to Europe! We have a baby now so it will be a little complicated, but so far she’s been a great little traveler. Ariana has already been to more states than I had by the time I was twenty (CA, WA, UT,IL, MN, AZ) and been on a plane more times than I had too! An international trip will be very interesting for her, and probably for everyone on board for that matter. By that time, she’ll probably be more speedy in her crawling (she mostly just army crawling and doing some crazy monkey crawling moves on her hands and feet) and she’s definitely getting more vocal every day! (We’ve taken her to three movies in the theaters and the last movie Harry Potter she babbled so much that I felt like I only saw half of it b/c I was walking out so much!) Anyhow, we’ll be going to three cities in Europe. In Spain we’ll go to Sevilla (Seville in English) and Huelva, and then we’ll meet Reuben’s parents in Paris, France. It will be a nap adventure in a new time zone!!
Lately I have been getting used to being a stay and home mom and trying to figure out what that means for my life. It feels pretty weird that Reuben works 80 hours a week average and I work 0 hours- at least work in the conventional sense. I’m trying to plan my outings according to her nap schedule, but it doesn’t always work out so well- does she keep changing her schedule or am I the one that is messing it up? Well, it probably isn’t normal for her to wake up from her afternoon nap at 7:30pm!!! (that was today. . .)
No comments:
Post a Comment