Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Birthday!

So, now I'm beginning to understand why people say that they're getting old everytime their birthdays get near. I know that I'm not that old yet, but I'm way closer to 30 than I am to 20 so I feel like I must now officially be a grown up- I have all the prerequisites- I'm a college graduate, a wife, a mom, a credit card, lots of bills, and now I'm 27. I guess that I can't try to dress like the teenage girls in our Sunday School class anymore. . .



I love the month of october- there's been a lot of fun stuff going on! My birthday is one of 5 in Reuben's immediate family in the month of October so we got a big joint cake and all went out to celebrate.
This time, I made it easy on Reuben and just bought something for myself so he didn't have to worry. I got a bike trailer so I can start training for another triathlon, this time, with Ariana instead of having to worry about getting a baby sitter everytime that I want to ride my bike.

Reuben is such the sweetie. He surprised me this beautiful autumn flower bouquet and a really thoughtful card. He also got out of work early and we spent the afternoon together eating sushi (we had enough cheese, butter, and eggs in Europe to last a lifetime! We loved coming back to our Californian diet!) and catching up on the TV episodes that we missed while we were gone (Heroes, Smallville, Avatar. . .) It was fun not having anywhere that we had to go for a change!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

"Happy birthday Chen People"

I love that. Katie, I'm so glad you had a good birthday. It sounds like it was perfect! Happy birthday!

Brooklet said...

Happy Birthday!!

So, when do we get to hear about the Europe trip??!?