Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas in Hawaii

This Christmas we went to Hawaii with Reuben's family. Although the weather wasn't really perfect as usual (very windy and stormy for a few days) I'm sure that it was way better than anyone else's weather out there! Surprisingly, the one that had the most fun all week was probably Ariana! She loved being with her cousin Anabelle (who is 2 1/2) and she refused to take her long afternoon nap all week long. As a result, the week was probably the most stressful I've had in Hawaii, but still more beautiful than any in California! We enjoyed Christmas day, visited with friends and family, played Rock band (a cool game from PS3), went scuba diving, went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, and just took in easy at the vacation house. Although it was probably the Christmas that least felt like Christmas, it was the first time that I've actually had a mantel where we could hang the stockings!

We helped introduce a few new traditions into the Chen family- eating pancake in the oven on Christmas day, reading the christmas story on Christmas eve, and also opening only one present the night before. There was no turkey on Christmas eve, but we ate at Roy's and got some awesome sushi and steak! Costco provided the Christmas day meal- Rotisserie chicken!

2 comments:

Brooklet said...

Hawaii for Christmas- not bad! I do enjoy a white Christmas, but I think I would be a-okay having at least one Christmas where I got to be tan. Its sounds like you had a good time, minus the no-naps baby. But if I was in Hawaii, I don't think I would spend my time taking naps, either!

00 said...

thanks for the German pancakes! wonderful treat on the beach that Xmas morning! THanks!