Sunday, March 08, 2009

Minnesta winters

We went to the mall yesterday evening. When I say "the mall" I mean the biggest indoor mall in America- just minutes from our house. It was a nice day and if we would have had more time, maybe we would have tried some more adventurous type evening. We went to the mall and it was so crowded. People everywhere!!! So long of lines for the elevator!!! Why do people go to the mall when the weather is nice and not do anything when the weather is bad?

We're still trying to figure out Minnesota. I think we could understand the summer. People seemed busy and happy. The frequent rain kinda puzzled me- I guess living mostly in dryer regions all my life- most of them technical deserts- has accostumed me to that. But this winter is a puzzling thing. We thought that people would want to find some reason to get out of their houses as much as they could to avoid some sort of clostraphobia- but we find the opposite here. It seems like we just have 6 months of hibernation here. Everything takes on a different personality and it is really starting to affect us too.

I personally think that I have an excuse- I'm pregnant and tired- but even so I'm beginning to feel like I might just be getting infected with Minnesota Lazy Butt syndrome too. Why don't we just stay home and watch TV too just like everyone else?

I was talking to my old running buddy, Melissa, and realizing just how inactive I am compared to last winter when I would get out and exercise every morning and do fun social stuff all the time. Hmm. . . I'm trying to fight it just a little longer! Hold out until spring comes!!!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I am SO excited for spring. Winters seem to last forever out here. We have had a couple nice days, and that has saved my sanity lately, but I'm ready for warmer weather and no more snow!