Today the weather was nice. It was weird, but it felt like I've been asleep since Thanksgiving- like nothing has happened in my life since then. Even though we've been living and functioning, even thriving at times I feel like part of our brains and bodies have been in hibernation mode. It really is a weird feeling when you walk around your neighborhood or actually walk to the mailbox instead of hurrying to pick in up from your car right before you park and realize that you hardley recognize the place that you've been living for the last 9 months. You see that there really is a park right across the street and you see the regulars on the basketball court- almost like dejavu- haven't I seen that before- oh yeah! Last year when the weather was humane!
It was an awesome feeling today to get out my road bike that has been hanging on the wall in the garage since before all this weather business happened. I took a ride to the Missippippi river- well almost. I guess the amazing 50 degree weather got my hopes up a bit too high. You see- the snow has melted on the streets and most of the sidewalks because they are plowed, but the trail was still covered in snow and ice. In fact, the lake by the river was still iced over too (I finally walked on frozen lake water- for the first time in my life today!). The trail was a no go and although it made me sad, it didn't break my spirits. Spring really is on the way! This seasonal disorder will go away!
2 comments:
Katie, it sounds like you are way busy--even if you are in hibernate mode--I feel that way too half the time. I didn't know you are prego--when is baby due--a boy? Good luck! Mine is coming soon, but not soon enough--we are having another girl!
Lisa
BTW, names are hard to figure out! Good luck!
Post a Comment