So it's my spring break and I decided that even though this is the last time that I can travel for awhile, it's not worth trying to travel with Ariana (and buying her a plane ticket too now that she's two!) and being pregnant and very uncomfortable or crazy on the plane. So I'm at home and I've had a lot of plans to get things all ready for the baby. Things are going well in preparation and I've got double blessings in that the weather has been fantastic this week so far. I know that for some of my friends in California 52 degrees still seems a bit nippy, but I was so happy not to be burdened down by grabbing all of my winter gear and strapping on my boots before I went outside. It was fabulous!
We opened up the garage door and kept it open for more than the time that it takes to warm up the car and drive out into our bleak winter world. In fact, we were finally able to sweep out the mud, salt, and rocks that have accumulated in the garage floor. Now this was not something that I had thought about when we decided to move here. I didn't know that our garage- so clean this summer- would be a muddy ucky concrete mess. If we drop something in our persuit to get all of our stuff into our vehicles- if it's food- it's just done, and it it's clothes- let's see if we can salvage it in the wash. It's bad, but you can't really do anything about it because every day that you drive your car into the mess, you come back with a whole other accumulation of stuff on your wheels and your garage floor never really dries out. That is- it hadn't been dry from November until now. Anyhow, long story short- we sweep our garage and Ariana could finally get her little bike out to play.
Today we went to the zoo. We wanted to make sure we used our passes enough before they expire. Ariana has been obsessed with bears lately and the other zoo that's closer to our house doesn't have any bears. She had a great time seeing the bears. She really likes the storybook "Little Bear" (I think that's what it's called- our version is in Chinese.) Regardless of how big the bear is- even the 10 foot grizzlies native of Russia- she calls "Xiao Xiong" (Little Bear.) She's become a very cute little girl and getting better and better at her language skills. When we left the exhibit she had to tell the bears bye- "Bye Bye Xiao Xiong." It's very endearing as I'm sure all the other parents out there know.
Anyhow- our spring break is going well. I've almost got all the clothes washed for our little son who we're expecting end of next month or beginning of May. I'm getting his room all organized and I've even put together all his of his toys. I haven't decorated his room and have no real plans to do so. Is that bad?
1 comment:
ah, I always have the feeling I am coming out of a cocoon when spring time finally comes around and I take my kids to play outside again! Winter is definitely different since I have had kids!
Post a Comment