Ariana has been in an especially good mood this week. She has become quite a silly little girl who always has plenty of hugs for everyone. I think that she is quite popular among her Chinese Preschool buddies. Even a mom of one of her classmates knew her name when she saw her today while we were both dropping of the kids.
I thought that the way she woke up this morning was so funny. When I hear her wake up, I usually get her out of her crib within about 5 minutes or so. While she waits she calls for mommy in a cute and awake voice. When I get her the first things that she'll ask about are usually what I'm wearing- if I've gotten dressed or not. Then she'll either talk about her dolls in her crib or ask about Daddy next- where he is (at work or not) and if he's still asleep. On Sundays Reuben sleeps in and I tell her that he's still asleep (hai meiyou qichuang). Today when I got Ariana she just jumped for joy, (Qichuang- I'm up!) It's funny that she says it really like it's the best thing in the world, what we were all axiously waiting for!
She's starting to act like a big girl in many ways and I think that she's really enjoying talking and being able to get her opinion across. Sometimes I don't quite understand, like tonight when she asked for Dora Suan nai- Dora Yogurt. She is probably pretty frustrated now that she can talk and get things across but doesn't always get what she wants- namely more cookies and more than 2 of her gummy vitamins a day.
As for the potty training update, well, I think that we're opting for the after the birth of the new brother option. I did try to see if you could accomplish the task before the birth and we decided that her bladder just isn't big enough. We tried panties for a whole morning and although she didn't mind going to the bathroom and using the toilet every 45 minutes or so, her bladder was only about 1/2 hour's worth size and I think we need to wait until she is able to hold it just a bit longer. Besides, after that she started to feel the pressure and started rejecting the whole concept for awhile. Now she still goes about once a day, and she wants to use the big toilet with no Elmo potty training seat. Her little butt almost falls in the water every time.
Now that she's getting older and in some ways calmer (in many ways less and less calm- how do they get so much energy?) and more responsive to our directions it's beginning to be pretty fun. She is constantly laughing at things she thinks are funny (when before even tickling her wasn't always funny) and constantly doing funny things that she thinks will entertain her. She is also pretty easily impressed- always saying "Yea!" for various amazing little things. These pluses really help since she is also picky as heck now and such a stickler to certain aspect of routine- (but not always to the parts of the routine that we want.) ANd she always has to give mom and dad a big hug and kiss before she goes to sleep. How cute!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment