Sunday, September 27, 2009

5 year anniversary coming up!

Reuben and I are soon going to be celebrating our 5th year anniversary. We're excited! The last couple of years I've tried to keep his presents secret but this year there is just no way that I'm going to be able to. I'm making him a photobook, just like the last 2 years, so I guess that it probably is a bit predictable anyway. I'm making it on Picaboo which is a great free site (though the book ends up costing quite a pretty penny once you put 150 pages in!) It's taking a long time so hopefully I'm be able to blog and add some photos to this site once I'm done. I can even send you the photobook online to anyone who wants to see it. Just tell me and I'll add you to my list.
The book is going to be documenting what we've been up to this last year.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Yes, I'd love to see it!

Becky said...

I want to see it to! I was thinking of making a photobook soon. Is pickaboo your favorite site you have used? What sites have you used, and again what is your favorite?

Katie B.C. said...

Hey Becky I use Picaboo because I think that it looks really good, it's easy to use, versatile, you upload the pictures quickly, you can choose a ton of different background, and they offer specials often. It is more expensive than some of the others though. I just bought a medium sized book (which is pretty large but not like a wedding album) and the base price which includes 20 pages was 29.99. Then the extra pages were almost 2 dollars each. It adds up fast but with the coupons it makes a big difference.

To use picaboo, you have to download the program onto your computer first. You then upload any pictures you want. Don't choose a theme or else it's harder to change some of the pages. There are a lot of different formats for the pictures but the thing really lacking is border choices. You also can't add comments on every page format which is not as cool.

Backgrounds you can choose any of your own pictures as a background or you can find a background that someone else loaded online.

Just don't make your book too long or take up too much memory. The program gave me a warning that all the memory allowed me was already used but I still hadn't added any of the backgrounds so I had to erase pages that I had already put in! (It's probably good though- I already had the max pages too- 160!)

Katie B.C. said...

oh- and the only other site that I used was shutterfly because I had a coupon. I thought that the book wasn't as pretty- the backgrounds weren't as nice, and there weren't as many formats for your pictures. It may be a bit cheaper though (But the book page size was also a lot smaller so who knows?)