Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy New Years Post

Happy New Year anyone who still reads my blog. Sorry that I didn't really write in the last month of 2009 but we'll see if 2010 will be any better. Besides just plain optimism and resolutions, there is another reason why writing in my blog may go better, I finally got a handy dandy laptop pillow so I can write more comfortably while laying in bed (plus my laptop doesn't overheat and turn off like before when it was resting on a nice down pillow.)

Reuben and I haven't made a lot of goals yet. I have a friend that made some pretty large goals and while it was inspiring, it was also exhausting thinking about how they would accomplish all that. Reuben likes to make the same two or three goals every year, and he usually fulfills them! For now, it I keep my house somewhat liveable clean, my kids somewhat happy and healthy, and I feel somewhat alright physically and emotionally (plus spiritually and mentally) then I'll be alright!

New Year's eve we took Ariana to her first movie as an entire family, the Princess and the Frog. Ariana likes princesses and likes frogs but wasn't super impressed with the movie. I think that voodoo is scary. I mean Ursula is also scary because she's a big octupus lady, but we all know that it's not real, but voodoo- now that isn't weird fairy tale magic. But Ariana didn't have any nightmares that night so I guess it's all good.

Afterwards we picked up some Mcflurries on the way home. Ate them, put Ariana to bed and watched NY live. ( Does anyone else think that the singers sort of suck? I mean, I would sort like being there live in person and might go crazy, but when ladies are wearing skimpy outfits in NYC at night in the winter with temperatures below zero, they just aren't comfortable enough to sing well- it's like they haven't "warmed up" I bet a modestly dressed singer would totally rock)After 11:05 pm (after midnight in NY) I feel asleep and ended up missing the real midnight on Midwestern time. It's funny, it's the only night this week that I went to bed before midnight!

No comments: