I'm past due for a new post and lots of things have happened since my last post. I have a million things that I could ramble on and on about, but at this moment nothing is really coming to me.
Life is good, family is good, kids are good (even when they both finally went to sleep after 10 pm), and my husband has Monday off.
I guess one good thing to talk about is the joy that kids bring. I guess that it's a good subject to talk about since many of my friends and family are expecting children. It's a good subject for me to think about since I don't always really feel like I was made for motherhood as I feel some of the people I know are. I get very frustrated with children sometimes and I lose my patience, but even though it's a hard job for me, I still know that it's the best job out there. Here are a few highlights ofthe week:
-Ariana's face full of pride and joy when she learned how to use her new trainer chopsticks (see my facebook to get pictures.)
-Corban laughing whenever he think you are playing a game with him (even if you didn't know you were.)
-Corban learning to pull himself to standing and greeting me in the morning standing up in his crib. It seems like he's still so young but growing up quick!
-Ariana really learning the rules and culture of our society- like today when we went to a friend's birthday party- she knows how the whole party is supposed to go.
-Corban's grip- so strong he almost pulled the whole birthday cake off the table by gripping the tablecloth- but instead he knocked half the popcorn out of the bowl.
-The beautiful mood the kids are in when they wake up in the morning.
-The kids loving their grandparents (my parents) and wanting to be with them. Grandpa taking walk after walk with Ariana, putting Corban on his shoulders. Grandma making a beautiful new quilt for Ariana, helping mom watch Corban and making sure he doesn't fall down the stairs.
-Ariana joining me in the bed in the morning and playing by herself for half an hour before I could finally open my eyes.
-Corban becoming attached to me and crawling for me when he needs my help with comfort after he falls. He's never been a cuddler so it's nice to cuddle now.
-Corban learning how to eat more and more foods. Growing up and becoming more flexible in what he can eat.
-The kids taking baths together and loving each other.
-The beautiful sound of nothing when the kids are finally asleep!
1 comment:
I love Ariana's chopsticks! She's probably better at them than I am!
Post a Comment