Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Birthday our little big boy!


Corban, our "big baby" just turned two. 

You know, when a lot of people talk about their youngest, they always have a sense of "I can't believe he's already __ years old," or "She's all grown up, where did the time go."  And while I think I might be in that category when I'm an empty nester some day far away in the future, for now, I can't believe that he just barely turned two.  He's a big boy!  And he's been in his terrible twos since 18 months (though they aren't as terrible as with my fist child.) 

Here are a few of his accomplishments
  • Talking in a semi-complete sentence, his favorite being, "Yao chi guo" which could mean "I want to eat candy, or I want to eat fruit- most often being the former!
  • Being able to see a dog a mile away- when we are driving or at the park, if suddenly he starts shouting or running in a certain direction, I'm pretty sure he must of spotted some furry beast our of the corner of his eye somewhere
  • Yesterday at the playground he was able to do just about everything- climb up scary places, to the very top of the jungle gym (and it's a tall one) and go down the super tall slide that I'm even scared of.  There was another mom at the playground yesterday who was trying to coax her five year old into going down the big slide.  After some intersting reverse physcology techniques, she ended up in some even more interesting techniques as she called out to her daughter, "Look- even that little two year old isn't scared of the slide!!!" 
  • Go pee and poo on the toilet.  I'm not going to start officially training him until after the move (maybe) He's not scared at all of the toilet and can prop himself up there by himself.  He also learned how to pee standing up like the big boys (without any prodding- he's a natural)
  • He can repeat almost anything I say to him, in two syllables or less.  Most of the time one of the syllables is lost somewhere, but I'm impressed that he is can remember so much.  His language development actually seems a lot faster than my first- I bet it's because now she is talking nonstop to him all the time!
  • Yesterday, I wanted some love and while we were snuggling, I told him that I love him.  "I love you! Now what do you say?"  He responded, "Please!" 

Grandma traveling from Washington state to enjoy the birthday festivities.  Here we are at the Chinese preschool.  Ariana needed to be included, as she said, it was her birthday too. . .

Teachers at the school


1 comment:

Mark and Emily said...

Semi-potty trained all ready?! That is crazy! I thought boys took longer, but like you say...Corban is a 'little' big boy! He seems really advanced for his age besides the potty training! He has such a cute smile!