Saturday, June 05, 2010

A "crappy" week

Yes, "crappy" but alright except for all the poo.  I don't know what it was, but a good guess would be the blueberries from Costco that we went through really quickly and then went really quickly through him, my one year old in diapers.

It was on the floor, and I didn't notice it- (he was out of his diaper for about 30 seconds while he ran away and sat on the dining room table) until our painters who were prepping for the paint job next week noticed it.  Just about the most embarrassing thing someone could say to you, "umm. . . do you know that there's poo on your kitchen floor?" 

Then the next day it was in the bathtub.  Poor Ariana, she baths with Corban and has to deal with it.  Thank goodness for two bathtubs in our house.  We just drain and transfer until I can soak the tub A in bleach for the night. 

Then minutes later it was on the floor and the towel.  Sanitation cycle and some lysol wipes.

Today it was in the high chair and the unsuspecting victim, me and all through my clothes.  Strip us both naked and put another load in the sanitation cycle. 

Thanks goodness we were home for all these crappy events.  But tomorrow is church day.  Maybe pack myself an extra skirt in a plastic bag just in case?

If any of you read this cruddy post, I'm sorry.  But crap happens.  It especially becomes more of a big deal when you are in charge of wiping not just your own but several butts of those loved ones under your care. 

I remember one of the first posts I read from my friend Brooke's blog.  She had a toddler potty training at the time and I had just gotten married.  She talked about how she had gone to less than casual event with her husband and had been seated with a bunch of girls without kids.  When it came time for her to make some conversation, she talked about one of the most important events of her life at the time, her daughter pooing in the toilet for the first time.  All those girls around the table just looked grossed out or something, as I did while reading her blog.  How could anyone talk about poo at all with another human being?  Isn't it one of those things that you're not supposed to talk about?  Like one of those things that you know everyone does but never want to mention unless you have to?  Now I've dedicated a whole blog post to the subject!

2 comments:

J-Leav said...

Ah, sweet, delicate motherhood :)

Carrie said...

I'm glad it's real poop you're talking about. I read the title and I thought you had a bad week. Being a mom is GREAT, isn't it?