Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hometown friends

I was talking with a friend the other day about visiting home.  She told me that she feels stress when she visits her hometown because it just takes too much time to see everyone and all her old friends. 

From my prospective, I guess that I couldn't really imagine it because for me to see all my old friends, it would take me ten years!  (well, at this rate anyhow.)  They currently live in all different states throughout the US (and abroad)- Illinois, Utah, Connecticut, Alabama,New York, California Nevada, Washington, Tawain, etc.  A couple of years ago those states were even more diverse adding in Florida, Pennsylvania, Hawaii, Idaho, Oregon, and others.

 (Also diverse is the degrees my friends and of their husbands- we have most advanced degrees represented: Optometry, dentistry, JD, MD, PhD, MBA, and MS.)

  I hope to visit some of them at some point but right now, it's just nice if we all chance to meet in our hometown, especially as we now lay claim to a friend who plans to make our hometown her permanent and forever after residence.  Go Carrie!

At my last visit to my hometown, I was to visit her and both reminicse in old times and glory in how much has changed for all of us.  She now wears skirts, has three kids, lives in a big house on a culdesac with a backyard, and homeschools.  But some things stay the same, she still always has at least three gallons of milk in her fridge, has a big smile and a friendly laugh, and is fun to be around. 

 z
Thanks for representing the 3-cities Carrie! 

2 comments:

J-Leav said...

SO jealous...Katie, you look great and that looked like a ton of fun. I'll be up to P-Town for new years if you're taking a trip back that way.

Brooklet said...

Seriously, when are we all going to meet up?? I am excited to see Carrie this summer- she is the lucky one that gets to host everyone as they come back for a visit.

We are still getting settled in Alabama, but we have an extra room if any wants to come visit the good ol' south!