Monday, June 01, 2009

Corban Update

Well Corban is doing well. He was born 1 lb 4 oz bigger than Ariana and keeps on growing bigger every day. At his first Doctor's appointment he had already regained his almost 10% that that he had lost in the hospital, in just 4 days! We don't have another appointment until the end of the month, but already from my bathroom scale it looks like he's 11 or 12 lbs- thats 4 lbs in a month!

This time Corban has already outgrown his newborn diapers and newborn clothes. Some of his 3 month clothes are already getting tight too! This never happened to Ariana- she was wearing some of her smallest clothes for 6 months!

Having 2 kids hasn't been too bad so far. We've been able to do family activities, with and without the extra help of my husband and mom, and although everything takes a whole lot longer to get ready for and plan, it hasn't turned out too ugly yet. I think that it has been a total blessing that Corban is such a good sleeper, eater, and also pretty cheerful all around. He doesn't cry much, Ariana cries much more. When he's hungry he lets us know. If we wait too long to feed him he might just fall back asleep if he's comfortable enough, but most times he gets this way too cute little frown on his face. After he's done eating he'll often smile and sometimes laugh. No real "social" smiles yet, but I can see that he's really trying and he analyzes my face everytime I get near.

The boy is smart! He already is so good at batting at objects while he's on his little activity mat. He's going to be a teasing little brother; today when I laid him next to Ariana while I was reading them stories, he started batting at her and grabbing her hair.

He's also a good at wetting and pooing his diaper- but somehow he sometimes needs a little reminder- like when I take his diaper off to change him he suddenly remembers that it's time to poo. Sometimes it sprays all over in the split second his bottom is exposed. The last couple of days we've gone through several outfits daily as these accidents have happened.

Although the second pregnancy wasn't easier than the first (I'm too years older and than last time and I can feel it!) so far the whole baby business has been easier than the first. It's nice that our life hasn't changed so drastically like the first time, although getting up in the middle of the night is still hard.

Anyhow, Corban is a cutie and doing well!

No comments: