Monday, June 29, 2009

P90X

P90X

We started a new workout routine. Reuben is such a sweetie and during the postpartum time when I couldn’t really go to the gym because of time and physical restraints and now that we can’t go to the gym together because of babysitting restraints, we’ve worked out a way to still work out together. We’re doing P90X! in case you haven’t seen the commercials, P90X is an intense home fitness program on DVD. The before and after photos of these people after 90 days is amazing, but it’s no magic pill. It’s 6 days a week, at least one hour a day of hard exercise and maximum reps. We do resistence training 3 days a week and mix it up with the cardio training which includes yoga, kempo, plyometrics, and CardioX. We add to that 3 days of week of a killer ab program.

I wish that I could show you my “before” picture to help motivate me and chart my progress. I was only 3 weeks postpartum though and we’re definitely not going to post that on the internet, I only hope that my “after” picture will be tough enough to post. Reuben is pretty impressed with how things are going. It’s taken a lifestyle change for both of us to start waking up early and still get to bed on time, but anyone who exercises in the morning knows that it makes you feel awesome all day long. We’re for sure tired all the time because we have to do it before his work and before the kids wake up (Ariana clings to me and jumps on my back to play horsey if she ever sees me exercising,) but it’s good stuff!

4 comments:

Bri!!! said...

I just got P90X. I'm going to start on Wednesday. I'm not planning on doing the 2 a days, but I'm excited to start a new workout. I heard they kick your butt.

Matthew said...

Hey were going to be starting it in a few weeks. Do you have any suggestions concerning the diet portion?

Carl and Amber said...

P90X is fun! I have enjoyed doing it with Carl. I hear ya on the joys of having a baby gain weight! Both of our kids are exactly alike! Logan was 18 lbs at 4 months! But, then the genes kicked in and he is only 24 lbs at 16 months! But, I definitely felt like I was a success while he was a baby!

Katie B.C. said...

We actually don't do the diet portion at all because we don't like dieting (who does?) I usually gain weight while dieting because I constantly think about food and end up having to eat a HoHo at 11pm or something like that. We do try to eat healthy and we eat a ton of fruits and vegetables so we don't feel too bad about skipping that part.

Bri- I think you would be crazy for even thinking about the 2 a days when you have kids or a life or try to have both. It's takes a lot of time.